Features & Benefits
- Innovative design offers control of snow to deter avalanches above doorways and other high traffic areas
- Can be used with Agway’s Century Rib or Optimum Rib profiles
- Manufactured from UV-stabilized polycarbonate
- Clear polycarbonate allows roof colour to show through
- Width of SnoBar offers snow control over 13”
- Easy to install
- Position the SnoBars onto the ribs of the roof sheet over the area of the roof that requires snow control and fasten with appropriate fasteners through the high rib of the profile. Use a minimum of four (4) Woodgrip fasteners per SnoBar with a minimum of 3/4” penetration into the wood substrate below the metal roofing.
- It is recommended that clear caulking is applied to the bearing area of the SnoBar before setting it in place on the profile and before fastening with screws.
- For more effective snow control, stagger the SnoBars both vertically and horizontally on the roof.
SnoBars placement will vary from region to region and will be influenced by roof pitch, length of run and spacing between seams. Local custom may be the best guide as to placement, and additional recommendations can be found in SMACNA and other industry standards.
Placement should be determined by a qualified design professional.
Snow Control Systems sold by Agway Metals Inc. are not to be used as a fall protection system. The Buyer agrees that under no circumstances shall the Seller be liable for any consequential, special or indirect damages.